The Send Later Agent Handbook

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Sep 23 14:54:01 BST 2019

понеділок, 23 вересня 2019 р. 16:41:35 EEST hw написано:
> On Saturday, September 21, 2019 7:24:32 AM CEST you wrote:
> > субота, 21 вересня 2019 р. 00:06:51 EEST ви написали:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Thanks! :)  When you can't find the agent and it all looks entirely
> > > different and doesn't work like this, there is no information in the
> > > doc.
> >
> > No, it looks and behaves absolutely same (the code has not been changed
> > for
> > ~6 years, only Oxygen decoration theme has been replaced by Breeze).
>
> That alone makes it look very different.  It's unavoidable that looks change
> (though a note about that won't hurt), and what are users expecting when
> they are looking a documentation that looks entirely different and and is
> almost 7 years old?  Users aren't going to recognize the documentation,
> especially when nothing works as the documentation says.
>
> Please keep in mind that I was referring to the documentation because I was
> trying to figure out what was going and was experiencing problems with it.
> The program still doesn't do what the documentation says.
>
> > [...]
> > To configure the agent you should create the Send Later message first. As
> > it is said in the docs:
> >
> > "Use Message → Send Later in KMail's composer window to open a dialog
> > which
> > allows you to schedule your emails to send at a specific date and time."
>
> What is the "composer window"?
>
> I have been looking in the Message menu, and there is no such entry.  The
> first entry is "New Message...".  Where else would I look when I wanted to
> create a new message to send later?
>
> I only now noticed by chance that the menu in the message editor window has
> an entry "Send Later".  Attaching a file is the only thing I do in that
> menu. When I want to send the message, I use the "Send" button --- and am
> being asked whether to send later or to now later or to cancel.  And when I
> have picked "Send later", of course I expect the messages to show up in the
> dialog under "File->Delayed Messages...", and I expect that they are being
> sent when using "File->Send Queued Messages".
>
> What else would I expect?  Is it possible that the agent has become obsolete
> and there there are now two several independent ways to send messages
> later?
> > [...]
> >
> > > "You can put the message in your queued messages by selecting the Send
> > > Later button to schedule the message immediately."
> > >

> > > I'm not sure what "queued messages" means, this outbox seems to be the
> > > only
> > > place showing messages designated to be sent later.  Messages in "Local
> > > Folders.outbox" may or not be sent and may or may not be removed after
> > > trying to send them --- a while I ago, I had to move the messages from
> > > "Local Folders.outbox" into a Drafts folder and to choose "Send Now" in
> > > order to send at all without too much effort.

> [...]

Do not have answers for all the questions asked.

This is free software. What works for me does not necessary work for you or
someone else. If you think it should work in a different way it easy to send
patches through phabricator.

https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator

https://cgit.kde.org/kmail.git/

Documentation team will be added to reviewers automatically if you patch some
docbook.

The docbook and screenshots for the Send Later agent has been updated to the
latest version:

https://cgit.kde.org/kmail.git/commit/?
id=df33200a6ce2f7b753e7216b8ac6a5fa4024da7a

Best regards,
Yuri