D23415: Improve comprehensibility and consistency of window placement mode names

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 14 12:58:43 BST 2019

zzag requested changes to this revision.
zzag added a comment.

  In D23415#530822 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415#530822>, @GB_2 wrote:

  > Is someone from #kwin <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kwin/> finally ok with this?

  Nope, nothing has changed since last time.

  In D23415#521193 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415#521193>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Martin F once gave me a very valuable piece of advice: stay within your area of expertise.

  I agree with that. I usually tend to look into code changes rather than UI changes. However, KWin developers have total right to veto your [VDG's] patches if you change for example the name of an effect, a script, a placement policy, etc.

  In D23415#521439 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415#521439>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In fact, the HIG already says that: ...

  "Smart" is not an arbitrary string, like "left button click," etc.

  ---

  Requesting changes because this patch still renames smart placement policy. The only way to proceed further from this point is to leave the name of smart placement policy as is.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415