relicenseupdate.pl script issues/questions

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 19 23:27:42 GMT 2019

Sorry to reply to my own post so soon, but I did find something.

On 2019.01.19 18:18, Jack Ostroff wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> relicenseupdate.pl is a script in the kde-dev-scripts repository.  It
> is referred to on the page
> https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing.  Unfortunately, it
> is not really clear how this is supposed to work.  I posted a
> question on the Discussion page for that page last January, but no
> response.  It turns out the problem I was having last year was that I
> had checked out the repository with the anon link.  However, I just
> cloned it again with my dev account, but I still get an error trying
> to push my commit:  "fatal: remote error: access denied or repository
> not exported: /kde-dev-scripts.git"
>
> Is this just a permission issue, am I doing something wrong, or are
> the instructions just wrong?  Is there actually somewhere else I
> should raise this issue?
>
> As a separate issue, when I run that script against the KMyMoney
> repository, it complains about not finding an email address in the
> accounts list.  I identified the first one as being someone who used
> one email for most commits, but a separate one for just a few.  The
> next one it found - I have not yet even found the commit made by that
> email address, so I'm sort of stuck on how to proceed.
The email the script is complaining about is someone who authored an
update (actually updated screen shots for the manual) but the commit
was done by someone else.  Even if I get that person's permission to
add him to relicensecheck.pl, that script will continue to complain
about his email address, since it will not be in the accounts file,
unless he does get a developer account.  Entries in the script are by
username, not email, so I don't see any way around this, unless a file
is added to accounts and disabled-accounts, such as
non-committing-authors (or some shorter version).

> Thanks for any suggestions.
Still true.