relicenseupdate.pl script issues/questions

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jan 19 23:18:30 GMT 2019

Hello all,

relicenseupdate.pl is a script in the kde-dev-scripts repository.  It
is referred to on the page
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing.  Unfortunately, it
is not really clear how this is supposed to work.  I posted a question
on the Discussion page for that page last January, but no response.  It
turns out the problem I was having last year was that I had checked out
the repository with the anon link.  However, I just cloned it again
with my dev account, but I still get an error trying to push my
commit:  "fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not
exported: /kde-dev-scripts.git"

Is this just a permission issue, am I doing something wrong, or are the
instructions just wrong?  Is there actually somewhere else I should
raise this issue?

As a separate issue, when I run that script against the KMyMoney
repository, it complains about not finding an email address in the
accounts list.  I identified the first one as being someone who used
one email for most commits, but a separate one for just a few.  The
next one it found - I have not yet even found the commit made by that
email address, so I'm sort of stuck on how to proceed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack