D23415: Improve comprehensibility and consistency of window placement mode names

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 25 17:04:25 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  "Smart" is meaningless and must be replaced.

  "Zero-cornered" is technobabble comprehensible only to KWin developers and must be replaced.

  Others are judgment calls, but you're right that the moods are inconsistent (e.g. "centered" is descriptive and "cascade" imperative) and we can fix this too. Here's how they would all be in the descriptive mood:

  - Minimal Overlapping
  - Maximized
  - Cascaded
  - Centered
  - Random
  - In Top-Left Corner
  - Under Mouse

  Using the imperative is much worse for the last two so I think the above is better. @zzag shall we try this?

  (FWIW my wife helped me come up with these, as she's a fairly average user)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  better-window-placement-text (branched from master)

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415