D23309: Change the document about helping Krusader, add other ways

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 21 08:17:36 BST 2019

pino added a comment.

  In D23309#515733 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23309#515733>, @asensi wrote:

  > Note: There are some reasons why Krusader users have documentation available in their computers, maybe Yuri Chornoivan can give more information about it.

  Sure, nobody is suggesting removing that.

  > Anyway, there are a lot of possibilities for a following discussion: "how can you help Krusader" information can be placed in https://krusader.org/get-involved/, in the local help files a link can point to https://krusader.org/get-involved/; or in https://krusader.org/get-involved/ a link can point to https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-utils/krusader/help_krusader.html, etc. There are advantages and disadvantages that can be talked about, and links are very useful to avoid duplicating information.

  As I said, IMHO the best is to point the installed documentation to https://krusader.org/get-involved/. Getting involved into krusader IMHO is not something that depends on the krusader version, which is something the user documentation reflects.
  Let's take an actual example: currently this documentation chapter mentions phabricator, which soon will be gitlab (where KDE is heading to). Now the user installs krusader from a stable distro (the latest Debian/Fedora/openSUSE/etc), then they read to use phabricator, and they try to reach it... which won't exist anymore.

  To recap:

  - remove almost all the content of the Help chapter, leaving only a paragraph saying that help is welcome, you can do lots of things, etc etc, pointing to https://krusader.org/get-involved/
  - have the //up-to-date// instructions for help in https://krusader.org/get-involved/ only

REPOSITORY