D23001: For the "kde4" branch: 08 - Update the synchronizer.docbook file because of the latest changes REVIEW: 124335

Nikita Melnichenko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 18 07:21:46 BST 2019

nmel added a comment.

  I have no problem when someone is trying to improve a dead branch. If the person finds this useful and wants to share their changes to others — he or she is welcome to do so. It's an Open Source after all. In the same time, I understand what Luigi is saying that it might send a wrong signal to users. In addition, commits we push to the official repo are reviewed and tested, and should be only pushed when approved by at least another dev and no objections from others (unfortunately, it's not enforced due to a weak infrastructure). It means someone needs to test the changes you propose in 10 code reviews. Personally, I have no interest in kde4 commits anymore and even have no environment to test it. I doubt you'll find another dev who has.

  It doesn't mean you should abandon the idea of sharing the changes. For example, you can fork krusader on github or other platform, call it krusader-kde4 or alike and share your changes there. It might be a good idea to remove qt5/kde5 branches and keep current kde4 as master in the fork. What do you think about this idea, Toni?

REPOSITORY
  R167 Krusader

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23001