T11096: First-class user & developer documentation centralized on a portal

Isadora D. noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 5 00:58:22 BST 2019

skadinna added a comment.

  Hi David! Nice to meet you. I'm very glad to hear you're interested in improving KDE's documentation.

  To make this goal a bit more achievable, we'd have to rewrite it and make it more focused. Instead of trying to build a whole new solution for docs, the goal should actually be about **making the documentation easier to discover, search, and navigate.** In other words, improving it so that both users and developers can find the things they need faster and in a way that's not confusing or convoluted.

  As part of the goal, we would work on strategies for achieving this. Once we're happy with that first phase, we can plan for content updates (or they can keep happening simultaneously as they already do; the documentation team will keep doing their awesome job as always. :)).

  What you can do as a completely new member of the community is provide an assessment of the current state. This insight will be extremely valuable to the goal. Come up with a few problems or questions that you as a user could have, and then try to find answers in our documentation. Note down your impressions, things that you like, things that make it difficult for you... and share all that with us!

  I can then rewrite the goal based on your input, or we can do it together. What do you say?

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11096