T11096: First-class user & developer documentation centralized on a portal

David Bryant noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 4 02:12:44 BST 2019

davidbryant added a comment.

  OK, so now I have a home page set up on the community wiki.

  https://community.kde.org/User:DavidCBryant

  One thing was really confusing: when I clicked on "Tasks and Tools", I was automatically signed out of the wiki. At least, that's what it seemed like, at first. I finally understood that I was being routed out of the "community.kde.org" domain, and into the "userbase.kde.org" domain, and that I'm going to need two user pages, and two talk pages,  to participate fully in the KDE wikis. But it took me a while to figure that out.

  https://userbase.kde.org/User:DavidCBryant  now points to   https://community.kde.org/User:DavidCBryant

  So now I'm wondering why things are set up this way. Only the menu section entitled "contributor help pages" is set up this way,Each of the other menu sections that overlap ("Navigation", "Tools", and "Personal Tools") keeps to its own domain name.

  Does anyone else agree that this is a bug, and not a feature?  :-)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11096