T9142: Update userbase.kde.org and remove outdated information

Yuri Chornoivan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 18 08:30:06 BST 2019

yurchor added a comment.

  In T9142#182095 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T9142#182095>, @ognarb wrote:

  > The idea looks interesting, but I don't know yet how I will organize my summer vacation. Does mentoring GSoD take a lot of times?

  Might be. There are some things that were learned by me from a similar project (Google Code-In):

  1. Sometimes you have to invest more time in teaching somebody to do something (in my case, translating and writing docs) than would be spent if you do it by yourself.
  2. Almost nobody will continue with our project when the Google project is over.

  Other considerations:

  1. Wiki editing is not very prominent skill on the market for participants.
  2. We have specific rules on the wiki markup which should be learned before editing if we do not want to have this work to be rewritten later.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T9142