[kmymoney/5.0] doc: FDL -> CCBYSA4 for translations

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 27 22:24:05 UTC 2018

On 2018.01.27 06:34, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Januar 2018, 04:06:43 CET schrieb Jack:
>> Revert already done.  Might I suggest that an additional comment be
>> put in template.docbook that the new doc license is for new docs,
>> and only for old ones if all contributors agree.  It might save this
>> type of issue, although I don't know how common it is.
>
> Recent template.docbook already reads:
> [snip]
> <!-- License for new documents after 2017-07-27 (or relicensed) -->
>
> &underCCBYSA4;           <!-- CC BY-SA 4.0: do not remove -->
>
> <!-- FDL: old license; only for reference (and old documents) -->
> <!--
> &underFDL;
> -->
> [snip]
>
> What is missing here or should be improved, reworded, clarified from
> your pov?
I'm not quite sure where to put it, but something like

Old documentation using FDL should not be converted to CCBYSA4 unless
permission is granted by all contributors.  For further information see

alternate version

Old documentation using FDL should only be converted to CCBYSA4 if
permission is granted by all contributors.  For further informaion see

I don't know if I am just unusual in how I read it (quite possible) -
but perhaps because other items (such as docbook DTD) get updated for a
new release, it just didn't occur to me that there were other
considerations to altering the license.  Note the above does say "(or
relicensed)" without saying why to to or not do that.  For the "see
..." perhaps https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing is good,
but I'm still missing information on how a contributor would actually
go about granting permission.

If I were to email someone, and get a reply agreeing, could I just add
his name to the relicensecheck.pl script, or would I need to upload the
email somewhere?

Jack