[kmymoney/5.0] doc: FDL -> CCBYSA4 for translations

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 26 23:46:35 UTC 2018

Il 27.01.2018 00:39 Jack ha scritto:

> On 2018.01.26 17:46, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>
>> Il 26 gennaio 2018 23:01:26 CET, Jack Ostroff ha scritto:
>>
>>> Git commit 8d3de09e36098bcf926ed058962fc58cdeb74e11 by Jack
>>> Ostroff.
>>> Committed on 26/01/2018 at 22:01. Pushed by ostroffjh into branch
>>> '5.0'. FDL -> CCBYSA4 for translations M +1 -1 doc/credits.docbook
>>>

> https://commits.kde.org/kmymoney/8d3de09e36098bcf926ed058962fc58cdeb74e11
>>> [1]
>> This is not the credit for translations: it's the license of the
>> documentation itself. Did you get the permission to relicense from
>> all
>> past contributors of kmymoney documentation? Do you depend on the
>> kdoctools version that provides the entity? Ciai -- Luigi
>
> Sorry - no, I have not gotten permission from other contributors. Do
> need to revert those two changes (index.docbook and credits.docbook
> both had changed FDL -> CCBYSA4) now, or can I wait to see if I can
> get
> permission. Also, if some earlier contributors can't be reached, does
> that mean the change cannot be made as long as they are listed as
> contributors to one of the included docbook files?

As mentioned in the other email: yes, please revert, see also below for
a more technical reason. If some contributors can't be reached, the
files can't be relicensed (does not matter if they are not listed if the
git history says that they contributed - but IANAL, I don't know what is
the boundary, for example if some section is cut out, can the remaining
part still be considered derived? Not sure).

> I'm now reading the KDE_Relicensing page on techbase, so I will see
> about using the relicensecheck.pl script. I only see one entry in the
> FDL -> CC-BY-SA 4.0 column. Does this imply that this change is only
> likely to be made for new documents created since last year?

It was intended for new documents, and old documents need the
agreement.
Also, kmymoney requires still Frameworks 5.2, while the entity was
introduced much later. Even if you can relicense, you can't use the
entity from KDocTools if you require such a lower Frameworks, but you
can add a local entity or just write the content of the entity directly.

Ciao
--
Luigi

Con Mobile Open 7 GB a 9 euro/4 sett navighi veloce con 7 GB di
Internet e hai 200 minuti ed SMS a 12 cent. Passa a Tiscali Mobile!
http://tisca.li/OPEN7GBFirma