How do I edit "open with" applications for ksnapshot?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Jun 1 06:21:05 UTC 2017

середа, 31-тра-2017 23:03:52 Van Snyder написано:
> On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 08:41 +0300, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> > середа, 31-тра-2017 16:37:42 Van Snyder написано:
> > > How do I edit the "open with" applications list for ksnapshot?  I
> > > couldn't find anything about it on the ksnapshot help page.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > It is not in the main KSnapshot manual because it's a global
> > configuration. The methods to change "Open with..." items are explained
> > in the System Settings filetypes module (kcmshell4 filetypes):
> >
> > https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/kcontrol5/filetypes/index.htm
> >
> > The needed associations are under image filetypes items (png, tiff, jpeg).
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
>
> Юрий:
>
> Большое спасибо, но
>
> Which filetype is KSnapShot using when it puts up the dialog with the
> "Open With" option?  I changed several, including xwd, and nothing
> changed.

The default one (png).

> If it actually can be changed from the KDE settings page, a clue in the
> KSnapShot manual about where to do it would be helpful.

Ok. Thanks for the hint.

But e-m-m... Actually, KSnapShot is discontinued from our KF 5 version. We
have already switched to Spectacle. I will think it over if it can be added to
the Spectacle handbook.

Thanks again for spotlighting this.

Best regards,
Yuri