Search - Revision Plasma 5.8

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Jul 27 16:08:50 UTC 2017

четвер, 27 липня 2017 р. 18:39:18 EEST ool написано:
> Hi KED-Team,
>
> "Exclude Folders:
>
> You are presented with a list of folders which should not be searched.
> By default only your entire $HOME folder is indexed, and no other drives
> are indexed.
>
> Removable media is never indexed by default. It can be explicitly
> removed from the list of exclude folders and it will then be indexed."
>
> Two Questions:
>
> 1. How to indexing a second integrated drive?
> 2. USB-Sticks are not listet in the excluded folders. So I can't remove
> my USB-Stick to do indexing.
>
> Are there solutions to indexing my USB-Sticks and my second intergated
> drive?
>
> Best regards,
> Frank

Hi,

1. In Linux, everything has its place in the file system. So you can detrmine
the actual address (URI) of your drive and add it with the "+" button. You can
use Dolphin to do this: just left-click on the address bar when the root
folder of the second drive is opened.

2. They are excluded by default. But the thing is the same as for the second
hard drive: plug them in, open them and determine their URIs (usually /run/
media/<your_username>/<disk_label>). Then add them to the included folders
list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri