[Oyranos-devel] [kolor-manager] doc: generate internal documentation from oyranos-policy

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Apr 11 09:04:46 UTC 2017

Am 11.04.2017 um 00:17 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
>> Kai-Uwe Behrmann ha scritto:

>>> Thanks. If you can adapt my changes to better fit the KDE way, that
>>> would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> The german (de_DE) translation is already completed by me. It shows in
>>> regards of language pretty good insight. The czech (cs_CZ) comes from a
>>> photographer with quite some understanding of the topic. It needs only
>>> some few changes.
>>
>> So the plan is roughly:
>> - move the English documentation into the proper place
>> - extract the messages from the localized documents to get gettext files (I'm
>> figuring out a solution, probably some hacking around xml2pot, even if it's
>> not done for that purpose);
>> - remove the translated documents from git (the translated versions will be
>> combined back when creating the release tarballs and they will live, like the
>> other translation artifacts, on SVN).
>> The translators of the six languages should contact the respective translation
>> teams to contribute the translations.
>>
>> Please don't apply new updates to the documentation until I figure out how to
>> convert the documents into gettext format.
>>

> But, checking the code: what is oyranos-policy? Is the source format a
> different one, and docbook was just an intermediate step? Can we converge to a
> more standard solution (native docbook)?

The strings reside inside the [Oyranos CMS code][1]. The translations
inside the [po/langXXX.po][2] files there. The texts are used multiple
times as hints etc. inside the various GUI gui's. KHelpCenter is just
one of many text consumers.

The oyranos-policy tool is used for exporting the docbook and HTML
formats on the command line.

(I am not much familiar with docbook. No idea what native docbook implies.)

best regards,
Kai-Uwe

[1]: https://github.com/oyranos-cms/oyranos
[2]: https://github.com/oyranos-cms/oyranos/tree/master/po