[kde-doc-english] Creating Accounts - Help Documentation - KMyMoney 4.7.2

HEC Smith hecsmith at rogers.com
Sun Mar 20 14:23:38 UTC 2016

I'm using KMyMoney v4.7.2 on Win 10 64bit desktop PC

I have found that multiple accounts could be created in KMM by importing
a QIF file created by Quicken - Export - QIF - Account List (only box
checked).

The QIF file created by Quicken was of the form

!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
N(name of bank - string - no quotes)
T(account type - string - no quotes - ex Bank, CCard, Cash, OthA, OthL,
Port (for a brokerage account) etc.  List not complete.
^
.
.
etc
.
.

Example QIF file used for test of file system setup in KMM

!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
NBankChk2USD
TBank
^
NBankSav1
TBank
^
NBankCCard1
TCCard
L0.00
^
NBankCash1
TCash
^
NHomeAsset1
TOth A
^
NInvBrokerage
TPort
^
!Clear:AutoSwitch

I found this feature very useful since immediately after the files were
created, I was able to modify the currency of "BankChk2USD" account from
my base currency to USD.  Normally KMM does note allow modifying this
setting so dealing with multiple currency accounts would have been a
pain if transitioning from Quicken.

Hope this is of use.

HEC Smith

PS - I am a Quicken 2001 user messing around with KMM as my Quicken is
getting old and creaky.