[kde-doc-english] Outdated entities in kdoctools

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon May 18 22:08:33 UTC 2015

Burkhard Lück ha scritto:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Mai 2015, 15:54:43 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
>> Burkhard Lück ha scritto:
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> kdoctools has these obsolte/outdated two entities:
>>>
>>> 1) install-compile.docbook
>>> <quote>
>>> <para>For detailed information on how to compile and install &kde;
>>> applications see
>>> <ulink
>>> url="http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started#Building_and_Running_KDE_Soft
>>> ware_From_Source"> Building and Running KDE Software From
>>> Source</ulink></para>

>>> trouble compiling it. Should you run into problems please report them to
>>> the &kde; mailing lists.</para>
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> techbase url is outdated
>>
>> Uhm, regardless of our changes, that address should be updated; even if it
>> isn't, it should be in the future, or there should be an alternative
>> reference entry point for building instructions.
>>
> The problem I see here:
> A link to the startpage of techbase will lead the user to Getting_Started,
> where he ist greated with "These build instructions are outdated as of
> 2012..." and all infos on that page are about kde4, not for kf5.
> Do we have a page with generic instruction on techbase how to build a kf5
> application?
>
> The only instructions about building frameworks or a kf5 application I am
> aware of are community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building and
> community.kde.org/Plasma/Building

That's true, but it's not just our problem. This is something that should be
fixed for everyone, and I expect that at some point the instruction will be
available (or techbase will have failed...). It was mentioned briefly during
last Akademy, I hope it will be a point of discussion even before the next one.
The pages on community are not the proper pointer, as they talk about the
compilation of Frameworks itself and Plasma.

So, yes, the instructions are not there now. When they will be available, they
will be on techbase, and if they won't be available, we will have a bigger
problem than just an incomplete link.

A possible bad hack is put a big warning on the techbase page with a draft
almost-empty page about building KF5 applications...

Ciao
--
Luigi