[kde-doc-english] Investment Transactions

Richard Driscoll rjd99 at rjdriscoll.plus.com
Fri Mar 13 12:44:52 UTC 2015

The handbook says:-

"For buy, sell, and cash dividend transactions, the number of shares,
the price per share, and the total amount of the transaction must be
established. You can enter any two of these, and KMyMoney will calculate
the third. It's usually best to enter just the total amount and the
number of shares, because these are the known facts of the transaction.
The price per share can be calculated from these."

However on my version KMyMoney 4.6.6 I can only enter quantity and
price. I can't enter value; it is always calculated for me. This is same
for both in-line data entry and for the transaction form.

I don't know if the error is in the handbook or the application but
there is an inconsistency here.

Many thanks,
Richard Driscoll