[kde-doc-english] my windows connects to wireless. My ubuntu won't - except with ethernet

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:01:41 UTC 2015

Op maandag 20 juli 2015 13:31:12 schreef Keith Perreur-Lloyd:
> Dear Help.
>
> Please don't be under the impression from the subject heading, that I'm
> 'computer-literate'. I am the worst of the opposite.
>
> My problem: my /Ubuntu/ will only work if I connect a cable. (The
> /Windows/ connects _without_ needing the cable!) Is there a way - (that
> could be understood by a three-year-old) - in which I can right this
> situation?

Although this is a list about documentation and you should not use this list
for getting help, the short answer is:
For the cable you already have a default configuration, so connecting the
cable works. For wireless you must do some configuration, so find out how to
do that. So please find another list for how to do that.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf