[kde-doc-english] Loan documentation

RW Wood rww at richardwwood.com
Wed Jul 15 20:04:42 UTC 2015

Most of the documentation that I've had occasion to use for KMyMoney is
very good, however the section for loans is very sparse. I have been
trying for days to set up a mortgage loan for my house and am still
without success. There may actually be a bug in the software since, if I
try to set a beginning date prior to today's date, it isn't recognized
and todays date is used. Apart from that, in stepping through the setup
screens, it's uncertain what should be used for the various fields other
than the loan term screen that calculates the payment or whatever field
is left empty. Everything else is kind of nebulous.

It would be good if there were a tutorial somewhere that walked the user
through the various screens with instructions an what to put in them, or
if there were more complete docs in the user manual, perhaps with
context sensitive help for each screen. In the event that I'm able to
figure this out, I'll try to put something together to submit.

Thanks,
Richard Wood