[kde-doc-english] Some updates about PDF generation on d.k.o.

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Jul 12 13:37:15 UTC 2015

написане Sun, 12 Jul 2015 16:23:49 +0300, Luigi Toscano
<luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>:

> Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Eventually, I have tested PDF generation on Debian/Kubuntu TeXLive 2015.
>
> Good news!
>

>> 1. French can be fixed with removing \StandardLayout quickfix (already
>> in git
>> master, will see what happens next Thursday).
> I also removed fr from the excluded_lang_pdf key into docgen_conf.ini.
> A question about the list of excluded languages for PDF: ja was listed
> there
> (also in the old system) for a long time, can we try to enable it or
> would it
> fail again?
>

>> 2. Lithuanian can be fixed with installing texlive-lang-european (not
>> sure if
>> it is on our server).
>
> Uhm, strange, it was already there. texlive-lang-lithuanian is also
> installed.

Works here. Cannot figure out what is happened.

>> 3. Spanish is not fixed. Strange error:
>>
>> *** latex error
>> \babel at savecnt=\count161
>> \U at D=\dimen162
>> (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/xebabel.def))
>>
>> Looks like a conflict with hyperref package.
>
> Maybe an upstream bug?

Have not found any references in google.

> There are also few sporadic errors on other languages. I see some of
> them for:
>
> - Galician (only stable4, kdepim/kmail)

_Very_ specific problem caused by _very_ rare usage of quotation.

> - Russian (stable4: kde-runtime/glossary, kdepim/kmail,
> kdepim/kleopatra, etc;
> stable5: kdegames/kpat)

Broken docbooks (without language markers), translation was never updated
for ~10 years.

> - Turkish (stable4: kdelibs/sonnet, kdelibs/kioslave/*, but also
> fundamentals,
> etc)

Looks like unupdated translations. Was not tested though.

> - errors for extragear-sdk/xsldbg (trunk4) for Danish, Italian,
> Portuguese,
> Russian

Very complex embedding of tables in the old docbook. I have fixed English
docbook but the translations were never been updated (some translation
teams do not want to generate the new version of docbooks by the existing
translation, som do not want to translate).

> Could you please take a look at them too?
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for taking care about informing about these problems.

Best regards,
Yuri