[kde-doc-english] Some updates about PDF generation on d.k.o.

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jul 12 13:23:49 UTC 2015

Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Eventually, I have tested PDF generation on Debian/Kubuntu TeXLive 2015.

Good news!

> 1. French can be fixed with removing \StandardLayout quickfix (already in git
> master, will see what happens next Thursday).
I also removed fr from the excluded_lang_pdf key into docgen_conf.ini.
A question about the list of excluded languages for PDF: ja was listed there
(also in the old system) for a long time, can we try to enable it or would it
fail again?

> 2. Lithuanian can be fixed with installing texlive-lang-european (not sure if
> it is on our server).

Uhm, strange, it was already there. texlive-lang-lithuanian is also  installed.

> 3. Spanish is not fixed. Strange error:
>
> *** latex error
> \babel at savecnt=\count161
> \U at D=\dimen162
> (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/xebabel.def))
>
> Looks like a conflict with hyperref package.

Maybe an upstream bug?

There are also few sporadic errors on other languages. I see some of them for:

- Galician (only stable4, kdepim/kmail)
- Russian (stable4: kde-runtime/glossary, kdepim/kmail, kdepim/kleopatra, etc;
stable5: kdegames/kpat)
- Turkish (stable4: kdelibs/sonnet, kdelibs/kioslave/*, but also fundamentals,
etc)

- errors for extragear-sdk/xsldbg (trunk4) for Danish, Italian, Portuguese,
Russian

Could you please take a look at them too?

Thanks!
--
Luigi