[kde-doc-english] point I could not find in kde-docs

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Apr 26 14:50:07 UTC 2015

написане Sun, 26 Apr 2015 17:28:37 +0300, Julien Michielsen
<julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl>:

> I have been looking for quite some time for a way to specify the number
> of
> virtual desktops in my newly installed 13.2.  By default the number was
> set to 2, but I'm used to four desktops. I found the entry "Virtual
> Desktops" of Mime McBride, but it did not mention how to modify the
> number
> of virtual desktops. In the article I did find the suggestion to comment
> on the documen- tation, and here my contribution: please elaborate on the
> number of virtual desktops. (And if you could be so kind to tell me how
> set the number to 4, I'd be most grateful.
> Thank you
>
> -W-
> Julien Michielsen

Hi,

This is because the Pager is not a default widget on the Panel. It should
be added first.

https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-workspace/plasma-desktop/panel.html

https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Pager

Use "Virtual Desktops" page of the Pager settings to change the number of
virtual desktops and their names.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri