[kde-doc-english] wrong link

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Sep 20 21:21:54 UTC 2014

Am Samstag, 20. September 2014, 19:38:39 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> > написане Sat, 20 Sep 2014 20:00:50 +0300, Luigi Toscano
> >
> > <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>:

> >> Yuri, I think it's a problem on our side (see the other email). Not
> >> quickly
> >> solvable.
> >>
> >> Ciao
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do not think so.
> >
> > It is worth to have "stable" links on the official sites because Joe user
> > (an me too) usually has stable version, not something from the
> > development version.
> I agree that a pointer to the stable version would be better.
>
> > On the other hand, development (trunk)/kf5 separation was artificial from
> > the beginning, so nothing we can do now. It is superfluous to have KF5
> > branch on d.k.o., IMHO.
>
> I disagree here: there are programs right now which are active on three
> branches, and they could theoretically release from all of them (kmymoney
> for example). I think we can keep more versions on the website (including
> past stable versions). But that's a discussion for another day.

What apps have 3 branches? Kile? It has code in stable/development kde4 +
development kf5, but no docs in kf5

I really doubt there will be two devel branches - one kde4 and the other kf5
based - for an application.
Maybe this will be the case for released version.

We should have as now at least two sections on d.k.o, released and
development, where both can be a mixture of kde4 + kf5 based apps.

>From my pov most links from external websites to documentation on d.k.o are
wrong.
They should be written like:
http://docs.kde.org/?language=<language>&application=<appname>

That opens the handbook in section released or in section development - if the
docbook is not in section released - on d.k.o, no matter what module the
application is located in.

The target audience of our handbooks are users with applications installed via
distribution, therefore the released version is exactly what they should get
by default, e.g. entering the application name into the search field on the
upper left on d.k.o.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück