[kde-doc-english] checkXML vs meinproc4

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 7 22:10:45 UTC 2014

On 2014.09.07 11:06, Jack wrote:
> I finally took a more careful look at the definition of
> <inlinemediaobject> and noticed it could be directly in <para>.  This
> means I can change
>
> <para> text </para>
>   <screenshot>
>   <mediaobject>
>   <imageobject>
>   <imagedata fileref="csvImporter_1.png" format="PNG" />
>   </imageobject>
>   </mediaobject>
>   </screenshot>

> <para> text
>   <inlinemediaobject>
>   <imageobject>
>   <imagedata fileref="csvImporter_1.png" format="PNG" />
>   </imageobject>
>   </inlinemediaobject>
> </para>
>
> and get the result I want.  Is there any reason not to make this
> change?

Yuri,

I'm not sure if the problem is simply the image tags within the text
tags, or just that it can make the text sections appear excessively
long.  In my case, I think every image would be at the end of a
paragraph, not in the middle of one.  However, given that, I could also
do:

<para>
   text
</para>

<para>
    <inlinemediaobject>
    <imageobject>
    <imagedata fileref="csvImporter_1.png" format="PNG" />
    </imageobject>
    </inlinemediaobject>
</para>

I haven't checked on what other tags I might use, but this would at
least separate pure text paragraphs from paragraphs with only a single
image.  Would this still be a problem for translation?

Jack