[kde-doc-english] checkXML vs meinproc4

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 5 15:47:40 UTC 2014

On 2014.09.04 14:27, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Jack ha scritto:
[snip]
>> Up until now, all screenshots in the manual have been wrapped in
>> <screenshot>, <mediaobject>, <imageobject>, and <imagedata> tags.
>> For a new chapter, I was trying to avoid the lines above and below
>> the image, so I used inlinemediaobject instead of mediaobject.
>> Meinproc4 accepted this, and the output was just what I wanted:
>> apparently identical to using mediaobject but without the lines.
>> checkXML complains this is not valid.  How much should I be
>> concerned about this?  Is there another way to eliminate the lines?
>
> inlinemediaobject is used even in the example template in the
> kdelibs/kdoctools sources (I assume it's kdelibs4, otherwise look
> into frameworks/kdoctools); could you please paste the relevant
> docbook section (including the tags which encloses the
> inlinemediaobject) and the exact error?

Given this code

   <screenshot>
   <inlinemediaobject>
   <imageobject>
   <imagedata fileref="csvImporter_1.png" format="PNG" />
   </imageobject>
   </inlinemediaobject>
   </screenshot>

checkXML says

details-impexp-csv.docbook:101: element screenshot: validity error :
Element screenshot content does not follow the DTD, expecting
(screeninfo? , (graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco)),
got (inlinemediaobject )
   </screenshot>
                ^

Given the definition of screenshot, this does make sense, but using
mediaobject instead of inlinemediaobject produces a line above and
below the image, which I don't want.  Meinproc4 actually does what I
want, but as part of a full make on the application, it is apparently
called with --check, as it generates the error.  I find the lines
distracting, and think they imply a break that isn't there.  Is there
any way to suppress them?

Jack