[kde-doc-english] checkXML vs meinproc4

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 19:21:09 UTC 2014

On 2014.09.04 14:29, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
> > Jack ha scritto:
>
>>> Up until now, all screenshots in the manual have been wrapped in
>>> <screenshot>, <mediaobject>, <imageobject>, and <imagedata> tags.
>>> For a new chapter, I was trying to avoid the lines above and below
>>> the image, so I used inlinemediaobject instead of mediaobject.
>>> Meinproc4 accepted this, and the output was just what I wanted:
>>> apparently identical to using mediaobject but without the lines.
>>> checkXML complains this is not valid.  How much should I be
>>> concerned about this?  Is there another way to eliminate the lines?
> >
>> inlinemediaobject is used even in the example template in the
>> kdelibs/kdoctools sources (I assume it's kdelibs4, otherwise look
>> into frameworks/kdoctools); could you please paste the relevant
>> docbook section (including the tags which encloses the
>> inlinemediaobject) and the exact error?
>
> Also, here is the documentation for that tag:
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/inlinemediaobject.html

Luigi,

Yes - still kde4.

I'll send the exact error and the offending code as soon as I can get
to the PC where I'm doing that work.

Thanks for the pointer, but the issue is for screenshot, which includes
mediaobject, but not inlinemediaobject as a valid child.  I can imagine
that anything used as an inlinemediaobject would be expected to be
small enough to include in line with the rest of the text, and not take
up a whole line by itself - in which case there is a reasonable logic
to the exclusion.  However, if that is the case, I repeat my original
question - how do I get rid of the lines above and below the image?

Jack