[kde-doc-english] checkXML vs meinproc4

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 4 18:27:31 UTC 2014

Jack ha scritto:
> I probably should not be, but I was just surprised to discover that these two
> are apparently not using the same set of rules.  I'm working on the KMyMoney
> manual, and have just been checking my edits with meinproc4, partly to confirm
> the layout is what I expect.  However, I just ran checkXML, and it complained
> about numerous issues.

checkXML is just a small shell script which calls meinproc(4) --check.
The --check parameter validates the document against the DTD, otherwise
meinproc just verify that it's a correct document.

> In one case, I need some further advice.
>
> Up until now, all screenshots in the manual have been wrapped in <screenshot>,
> <mediaobject>, <imageobject>, and <imagedata> tags.  For a new chapter, I was
> trying to avoid the lines above and below the image, so I used
> inlinemediaobject instead of mediaobject.  Meinproc4 accepted this, and the
> output was just what I wanted: apparently identical to using mediaobject but
> without the lines.  checkXML complains this is not valid.  How much should I
> be concerned about this?  Is there another way to eliminate the lines?

inlinemediaobject is used even in the example template in the
kdelibs/kdoctools sources (I assume it's kdelibs4, otherwise look into
frameworks/kdoctools); could you please paste the relevant docbook section
(including the tags which encloses the inlinemediaobject) and the exact error?

Ciao
--
Luigi