[kde-doc-english] checkXML vs meinproc4

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 4 17:37:21 UTC 2014

I probably should not be, but I was just surprised to discover that
these two are apparently not using the same set of rules.  I'm working
on the KMyMoney manual, and have just been checking my edits with
meinproc4, partly to confirm the layout is what I expect.  However, I
just ran checkXML, and it complained about numerous issues.

In one case, I need some further advice.

Up until now, all screenshots in the manual have been wrapped in
<screenshot>, <mediaobject>, <imageobject>, and <imagedata> tags.  For
a new chapter, I was trying to avoid the lines above and below the
image, so I used  inlinemediaobject instead of mediaobject.  Meinproc4
accepted this, and the output was just what I wanted: apparently
identical to using mediaobject but without the lines.  checkXML
complains this is not valid.  How much should I be concerned about
this?  Is there another way to eliminate the lines?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack