[kde-doc-english] plasma desktop

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed May 14 12:12:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

Please read some answers below.

написане Mon, 12 May 2014 01:33:11 +0300, J. van Evert
<j.vanevert at spacenews.nl>:

> Dear sir, madam,
>
> Even after reading the Plasma manual, I still don' t understand several
> things:
> How can I make a container on a desktop and how do I put shortcuts (as
> Windows calls them) to programs in it?

Screencast:

http://userbase.kde.org/images.userbase/d/d9/Plasma_howto-icon-folderview-45.gif

More screencasts:

http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/HowTo/4.5

> If I chose a program from the Kickoff menu, right click it>add to
> desktop, it is placed on all 6 virtual desktops instead of only the
> current one.

Use Activities for this. That was developers decision. There is no option
for this behavior now. Sorry.

More on activities:

http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Activities

> If I add or remove a widget on the Mate desktop, which I have also
> installed, it also appears on the plasma desktop and vice versa. How can
> I prevent this?

You cannot its a cross-desktop specification to guarantee seamless
transition between different desktop environments.

> I hope you can help me, or at least write the solution to these problems
> in the next update of the manual.
> If you like, I could do the dutch translation of it.

Please join UserBase translation teams.

http://userbase.kde.org/Translator_Account

> kind regards,
>
> J. van Evert