[kde-doc-english] Docbooks in kde-workspace master

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Mar 12 13:09:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

a few days ago the kde-workspace master docbooks were switch to use the new
DTD 4.5 which should "Should fix build failures on build.kde.org" according to
the commit log.
Why was this necessary only for kde-workspace?

Our workflow so far is to update docbooks in master (tracked by scripty to
trunk/l10n-kde4 for translation), which became either the new documentation
for stable release (tracked by scripty to branches/stable/l10n-kde4) or was
backported monthly in a stable release cycle.

This does not work any more for kde-workspace because of the DTD switch to
4.5.

a) Translation teams can not generate language docbooks for kde-workspace any
more (not even for a typo fix or spellcheck) with kdelibs master, this is only
possible with frameworks

b) I have updated 2 kcm docbooks for kde-workspace, but can not run checkXML,
because my devel environment has kdelibs master, not frameworks.
Pushing these updated docbooks to master would not work for translation, see
no a). Push to the latest stable branch (4.11) is also not possible due to
string freeze.

What happens if docbooks in other modules switch to DTD 4.5 / frameworks?

--
Burkhard Lück