[kde-doc-english] KMail: How open the mail window below the mail list?

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Jan 23 22:04:50 UTC 2014

Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014, 21:12:58 schrieb Rhaban Lammeyer:
> Sirs,
>
> I use KMail since 2000, first under SuSE 7.3, then under SuSE 11.3, and now
> under Kubuntu 13.10
>
> I could not find in the explanation pages two things which, I think, are
> important to the KMail user:
>
> 1. How must I do to see on the same screen the list of my mails and below
> them a window in which the mail on which I clicked can be seen?

That is afaik the default, Folders on the left, Message list at the top right
and the content of the selected message below the message list.
See KMail configuration dialog -> Appearance-Layout tab

@Scarlett: Probably this needs to be explained better in the docbooks, e. g.
with a screenshot of the default main window depicting the different parts
(folder list, message list, message content)?

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/kmail/configure-identity.html#configure-identity-signature

--
Burkhard Lück