[kde-doc-english] Kubuntu documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Feb 7 18:04:53 UTC 2014

написане Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:39:50 +0200, Harald Sitter
<apachelogger at ubuntu.com>:

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. Translations: basically, yes (just add /<locale> for the pages from
>> the above list, e.g., Kubuntu/da). Now there are no complete
>> translations. The most translated locale is Danish (da), 53
>> untranslated messages. No locale with localized screenshots yet.
>>
>> Problems: No internal links (all translations are with external ones).
>
> kde:scratch/sitter/kubuntu-docs contains wrapper scripting around that.
> export.cfg defines pages and languages and export.sh takes care of
> http POST requesting the xml and fiddling into docbook using
> wiki2docbook.
>
> for some reason wiki2docbook fails to create valid docbooks for el and
> pl right now, not quite sure why.

Fixed. Thanks.

>> BTW, it would be good is someone can test the instructions on
>> non-Mageia systems to provide some comments on what should be fixed.
>
> instructions work fine on kubuntu as well.

Thanks for testing.

>> 3. Tweaking: Emmm... I meant that I want to avoid the step of
>> obtaining XML file through UserBase interface (just use the list of
>> pages and HTTP requests).
>
> feel free to pick up my fancy curl command ;)
>
> HS

Thanks. I will try to add this to the script.

I have added a new parameter to the script. Now it is possible to choose
locale with '-l locale'. However there are 3 untranslatable messages for
offline documentation:

The %s Handbook

This documentation was converted from the KDE UserBase %s page.

Credits and License

I have not decided how to handle this yet.

Best regards,
Yuri