[kde-doc-english] Documenting Commandline Applications

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:45:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am a GSoC 2014 student for KDE and my project is to create a
commandline application for managing Akonadi which is called
'akonadiclient'.
Since this is a commandline application I wanted to write a man page for
it documenting all the options and commands of the application.
Right now my approach is to write the documentation using the
reStructuredText markup and then converting it to the man page format
using the rst2man tool (found in the python-docutils package in Debian /
Ubuntu). The rst2man tool is automatically invoked by cmake when
building the project.

Is this a good approach by KDE standards? Also, is there a standard
approach to writing a man page for CLI applications in KDE?

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal