[kde-doc-english] Suggestions

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Aug 2 12:36:47 UTC 2014

Jason Bourne ha scritto:
> I appreciate the work of the various teams to develop and maintain this
> (Kubuntu) software. But some suggestions (in no order of importance):

Hi,
this is the list of the documentation writers of the KDE community, I suspect
some of your suggestions applies to Kubuntu-specific documentation and tools.
See below:

> 1. Stop using so many acronyms in your definitions/user guides! Very
> frustrating for us non-geek users to chase after the
> interpretations/definitions. After a while you've done so many segways you've
> forgotten what you're trying to understand!
>

> 2. Don't use the term you're trying to explain in the explination! (basic)

Could you please provide some examples of the above?

> 3. Give some kind of icon running (a la the old MS hour glass) to clearly show
> the system is doing something! Right now it's a guessing game resulting in
> frustrations and temptation to click and cause system crashes.

This is a suggestion for application developer, not for documentation writer :)
Anyway, the Plasma desktop shows a notification when an application is started.

> 4. More clear friendly non-geek descriptions on what systems/apps are being
> updated!
>
> 5. More straight forward easier ways to update an app (this is for the team
> responsible for ClamTK! - to update the GUI)!

Both those points are system related, for sure no documentation related, and
Kubuntu specific. I personally never heard about ClamTK and I'm pretty sure is
not KDE software.

Best regards
--
Luigi