[kde-doc-english] docbook issues in workspace repos

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 15:42:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a lot of docbook issues in many workspace repos, i. e. code but no
> corresponding docbook in a repo and vice versa:
>
> kde-cli-tools:
> mv plasma-desktop/doc/kcontrol/filetypes/
> kde-cli-tools/doc/kcontrol/filetypes/

Are we sure about that? I skimmed through the file and it's describing the
KCM module...

> khelpcenter:
> mv doc/* doc/khelpcenter
> mv kde-runtime/doc/[onlinehelp|fundamentals|glossary] /doc

Done

> /plugins/plasma.desktop X-DocPath=help:/plasma-desktop/index.html???
> mv plasma-desktop/doc/plasma-desktop/ /doc/

I'm unsure what this means, sorry.

> khotkeys:
> mv kde-workspace/doc/kcontrol/khotkeys doc/kcontrol/khotkeys

It's in plasma-desktop/doc/kcontrol/khotkeys

> kio-extras:
> missing docbooks kcontrol/kcmcgi/ + kcontrol/trash/ (from superfluous
> docbook /doc/kioslave/network/ where is the code?

They are both in Plasma-Desktop, with the rest of KControl modules.

> kwindowsaddons:
> missing docbooks kcontrol/platform/+ kwinshutdown/ ? did we ever had
> these docbooks?

I don't think so.

> plasma-desktop:
> Docbooks, but no corresponding X-DocPath entries
>   /doc/kcontrol/bookmarks/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/cache/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/clock/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/cookies/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/cursortheme/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/ebrowsing/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/filemanager/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/filetypes/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/history/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/kcm_ssl/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/kcmcgi/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/kcmcss/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/kcmsmserver/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khotkeys/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khtml-adblock/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khtml-behavior/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khtml-general/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khtml-java-js/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/khtml-plugins/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/netpref/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/paths/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/performance/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/powerdevil/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/proxy/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/smb/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/solid-device-automounter/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/splashscreen/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/trash/index.docbook
>   /doc/kcontrol/useragent/index.docbook

So we want the kcm desktop files to link to those?
For example, there's the clock kcm, which desktop file is in
plasma-desktop/kcms/dateandtime/clock.desktop. It doesn't have such
X-DocPath but then it doesn't seem to need any move.

Should we add it now? Is it already broken in KDE4?

> plasma-workspace:
> missing docbooks: kcontrol/kcmsmserver/ + kcontrol/splashscreen/
> mv plasma-desktop/doc/[kcontrol/kcmsmserver|kcontrol/splashscreen]
> plasma/workspace/doc/

Actually in these cases, kcmsmserver and the ksplashscreen kcm should go to
plasma-desktop instead.

> superfluous docbooks /doc/PolicyKit-kde/ where is the code?

I think here:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/polkit-kde-agent-1

I don't know if this has been ported yet, but it should probably go to
either frameworksintegration or plasma-workspace.

> --
> Burkhard Lück

Thanks for your thorough review! :)

Aleix