[kde-doc-english] Help with docbook format

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Tue Apr 1 13:32:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm the creator of the kronometer project, actually part of KDE playground:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/utils/kronometer

According to the application lifecycle policy, in order to be accepted in
the main modules (or in extragear) one of the requirements is the user
documentation in the docbook format.
Since I am a bit in trouble whit this, I'd like to ask help to you.

While I'm able to handle a markup language (like docbook is), there are
specific details that I don't know at all.
So, I'm worried to write a partially wrong docbook  that might be
hard/tedious to fix.

How does usually work the writing of a new docbook?
I can suppose two possible ways:

1. I write a .txt with only the documentation content. Then someone creates
from scratch a docbook based on the content in the .txt file. For example I
might provide a text file like this: http://pastebin.com/8wQp7YVJ

2. I write a partial .docbook, filling only the main tags, e.g. <chapter>,
<title>, <para>. Then someone completes the docbook with the missing stuff
that I'm not able to handle.

What's the best method?

Thank you in advance for your time,
Elvis Angelaccio