[kde-doc-english] Kleopatra Help document and Kleopatra 2.2.0

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Sep 13 15:56:16 UTC 2013

написане Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:56:17 +0300, Philip Jackson
<philip.jackson at nordnet.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> Using Gpg4win 2.2.0 under Windows 7 64bit :
>
> There is a discrepancy between the document and Kleopatra in the Chapter
> 5
> "Configuring Kleopatra" / Configuring aspects of S/MIME Validation /
> Configuring
> validation options :
>
> The Help document shows an option "Allow to mark root certificates as
> trusted"
>
> In Kleopatra gui (version 2.2.0), under 'Settings / Configure Kleopatra'
> and
> under S/MIME Validation,  this option cannot be found.
>

> (Under GnuPG System, using tab 'GPG Agent', there is an option about
> marking
> keys as trusted but this option is "Disallow clients to mark keys as
> "trusted"
> which implies that the default is to allow keys to be marked as trusted.)
>
> I found this anomaly because I am having problem to mark an X509 root
> certificate as trusted.  Under Certificates, the option  "Trust Root
> certificate" is present but when I click on it, nothing happens so I was
> trying
> to find an answer in the Help doc.

Hi,

The option "Allow to mark root certificates as trusted" still present in
the code
(smimevalidationconfigurationwidget.cpp/smimevalidationconfigurationwidget.ui).
I can see it for GnuPG 2.0.19.

Can the cause for the lack of this option be two high version (2.2.0) of
the package for Windows?

Best regards,
Yuri