[kde-doc-english] Kleopatra Help document and Kleopatra 2.2.0

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Thu Sep 12 20:56:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Using Gpg4win 2.2.0 under Windows 7 64bit :

There is a discrepancy between the document and Kleopatra in the Chapter 5
"Configuring Kleopatra" / Configuring aspects of S/MIME Validation / Configuring
validation options :

The Help document shows an option "Allow to mark root certificates as trusted"

In Kleopatra gui (version 2.2.0), under 'Settings / Configure Kleopatra' and
under S/MIME Validation,  this option cannot be found.

(Under GnuPG System, using tab 'GPG Agent', there is an option about marking
keys as trusted but this option is "Disallow clients to mark keys as "trusted"
which implies that the default is to allow keys to be marked as trusted.)

I found this anomaly because I am having problem to mark an X509 root
certificate as trusted.  Under Certificates, the option  "Trust Root
certificate" is present but when I click on it, nothing happens so I was trying
to find an answer in the Help doc.

Philip Jackson
Domaine le Theron
Chemin du Theron
34210 Siran
France

Tel : (+33) 468 49 80 53        GnuPG Public Key :    0x23543A63.asc