[kde-doc-english] Default apps

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Nov 12 06:35:58 UTC 2013

написане Tue, 12 Nov 2013 01:00:20 +0200, Marc Stuetzel
<justrideranch at gmail.com>:

> Hey nice work. I would like to add more default apps. Specifically a
> default for videos. It always comes up with Kaffiene which does not work.
> Dragon does work. I would like to do a little programming. This seems
> like
> an easy task to add another default as above. Is it like copying HTML
> code
> for pictures and just adding a line with another pic with same parameters
> or is it more complicated? I would love to give a try as I want to learn
> and contribute to the open source project. What do you think?
>  If I get the code do you think I could hack it out. This would be a
> first
> for me and I am excited to learn and give it a hack. I am sure you could
> do
> it in a snap although I would like to try.
> I think I would need the source code than edit it as above. I could try
> than test it with your overview or maybe I am being too simpleminded.
>
> Thanx for any assistance.
> Marc USA

Hi,

Please use "File Associations" module of "System Settings" (can be found
in "Common Appearance and Behavior") to change file associations. More on
this:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-runtime/kcontrol/filetypes/index.html

Starter guide for developers can be found here:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/index/

Thanks in advance for your help with our project.

Best regards,
Yuri