[kde-doc-english] valid clips??

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Nov 6 16:47:58 UTC 2013

написане Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:54:01 +0200, Andy Gilmore
<andy.gilmore2 at verizon.net>:

> I recently installed kdenlive version 0.9.6 using KDE Development
> Platform  4.10.5 on my Linux machine (running PCLinuxOS KDE 64) and so
> far, I have been unable to load any video clips because of an error
> message each time that tells me my clip is invalid. I've tried loading
> .mp4, .mpg, .flv, .mov and .dv clips, but none of them will load. My
> computer is a Lenovo B560 laptop (64-bit processor with 8 gigs RAM
> memory) and my preferred profile settings would be for NTSC widescreen.
>
> So, my questions are: What video file extensions are recognized by
> kdenlive, and is there a default setting for the profile setting, even
> if it isn't for widescreen?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Andy Gilmore

Hi,

Kdenlive uses third party libraries and applications to work with above
mentioned codecs.

Please use "Settings -> Run Config Wizard" to run configuration wizard,
then install all necessary libraries (Kdenlive will recommend you what
libraries to install).

It may also happen that due to legal issues some of the default codecs are
not compiled into ffmpeg/libav. Please install unrestricted versions of
these codecs.

This list is for KDE documentation writers. So please ask support
questions on Kdenlive forum:

http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=262&sid=e400a5b6a1b569c43c8846681a823bbd

or kdenlive-devel mailing list: