[kde-doc-english] valid clips??

Andy Gilmore andy.gilmore2 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 6 14:54:01 UTC 2013

I recently installed kdenlive version 0.9.6 using KDE Development
Platform  4.10.5 on my Linux machine (running PCLinuxOS KDE 64) and so
far, I have been unable to load any video clips because of an error
message each time that tells me my clip is invalid. I've tried loading
.mp4, .mpg, .flv, .mov and .dv clips, but none of them will load. My
computer is a Lenovo B560 laptop (64-bit processor with 8 gigs RAM
memory) and my preferred profile settings would be for NTSC widescreen.

So, my questions are: What video file extensions are recognized by
kdenlive, and is there a default setting for the profile setting, even
if it isn't for widescreen?

Thanks for your help.

Andy Gilmore
andy.gilmore2 at verizon.net