[kde-doc-english] Kate documentation chapter shuffling

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun May 19 21:26:28 UTC 2013

Hi Yuri & Burkhard!

I'm currently working on moving a couple things around in the Kate
documentation.

First, I'd like to add a new "development" chapter that provides a
high-level overview of ways to extend kate (katepart plugins, kate
plugins, pate plugins, and JavaScript scripting), that will link to
resources on kate-editor.org and api.kde.org where appropriate.  (I
think basic information about this in the handbook is useful given how
many programmers use editors and how they like to modify them to suit
their needs, but we need not get too crazy in the offline
documentation.  ;-)  As part of this, the scripting API documentation
that currently lives in advanced.docbook would get moved to a new
development.docbook.  As a result, a bunch of strings would end up
moving from kate_advanced.pot to a new kate_development.pot.

Also, as the list of JavaScript scripts grows it seems not so nice to
me to continue bloating the menu chapter with them.  I'd like to move
them to the plugins chapter, where I think they fit more naturally.
As a result, a much smaller number of strings would move from
kate_menus.pot to kate_plugins.pot.

I've pushed the changes to this clone of the kate repository for review:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Fkate%2Fhollingsworth%2Fdoc-work.git
(or `git clone kde:clones/kate/hollingsworth/doc-work.git`)

(It's still missing new content but all the movement is done.  I'm
heading out for a hike right now but I'll finish it when I get back
later tonight.)

Let me know if I need to do anything and/or when this will be safe to
push to master.

Thanks!
-T.C.