[kde-doc-english] Verbesserung Ihrer Gebrauchsanweisung

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Mar 29 20:24:13 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 29. März 2013, 19:28:37 schrieb gerdbuentzly at arcor.de:
> Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
> ich fange an, Ihre Anweisungen für den Gebrauch des Schlüssels zu lesen. In
> folgendem Satz finde ich gleich vier Abkürzungen, die nicht erklärt sind
> (und die, ebenfalls ohne Erklärung, später wieder erscheinen): Kleopatra
> ist das KDE-Programm zum Verwalten von X.509-Zertifikaten im
> GpgSM-Schlüsselspeicher, und zum Abfragen von Zertifikaten von
> LDAP-Servern. Wäre es Ihnen möglich, diese Erkärungen einzubauen? Danke!
> mit freundlichen Grüßen, Gerd Büntzly

This is a request in german to explain  abbreviations like  X.509, OpenPGP,
&gpgsm;, &gpg; and &ldap; in the following and other sentences of the
Kleopatra handbook:

"&kleopatra; is the &kde; tool for managing X.509 and OpenPGP certificates in
the &gpgsm; and &gpg; keyboxes and for retrieving certificates from &ldap;
and other certificate servers."

* It is out of scope for kde user documentation to provide explanations for
each and every technology used by all kde applications, there are simply too
many of them to keep these explanations up to date.

* To improve the user experience here, we should probably add links to
Wikipedia articles at the first occurrence of an abbreviation in this case?

[snipped personal data like address +phone numbers]

BTW (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Abkürzungen_(Netzjargon)#B) it is
a bad idea to use personal data in a mail to a public mailing list, which will
be archived, appear in search engines like google and a lot of mirrors of this
mailing list.

--
Burkhard Lück