[kde-doc-english] Rewrite of Documentation Primer

Randall Wood randall at woodbriceno.net
Sat Mar 2 22:09:57 UTC 2013

On 02/28/2013 09:54 PM, Randall Wood wrote:

> I'm just writing to let everyone know I've begun work on this. I'll be
> merging those three docs into one, updating a bit, removing outdated
> references, and filling out the bits that weren't clear to me until I
> learned them elsewhere - especially now that we're mostly off SVN and
> mostly on GIT. I'll have a draft for everyone to review later in March.

As I progress, I'll be sending some questions to the team.  Here's one
for tonight:

Is http://docs.kde.org deprecated?  Should we be pointing people to
userbase instead?  Looks woefully out of date to me, perhaps a relic
from KDE3?

This is the relevant line from the Documentation Primer:
<para>
The <ulink url="http://docs.kde.org/index_head.html">docs.kde.org
website</ulink> displays most of the &kde; documentation in &HTML;
format, updated
daily from the &svn; repository. There are two versions available in the
website: