[kde-doc-english] Documentation Status and Todo's for 4.11

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jun 19 18:34:22 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, 18. Juni 2013, 16:27:27 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> [...]
>
> Yes, I'm pretty sure we use "context menu" pretty much everywhere.
>
> "[dD]ialog [bB]ox"       200   not in preferred forms / aspell ok /
> visual dictionary
> "[dD]ialog[bB]ox"          0
>
> please add
>
> "[dD]rop [dD]own [bB]ox"  89   preferred forms / aspell ok / visual
> dictionary "[dD]rop[dD]own [bB]ox"    4
> "[dD]rop[dD]own[bB]ox"     0
>
> ok, fix the 4 holdouts
>
> "[iI]con [lL]ist"          2
> "[iI]con[lL]ist"           0
>
> ok assuming the former is the preferred form
>
> "[iI]nput [bB]ox"         11    preferred form "text box"?
> "[iI]nput[bB]ox"           0
> "[iI]nput [fF]ield"       32    preferred form "text box"?
> "[iI]nput[fF]ield"         0
>
> yes, please
>
> "[lL]ist [bB]ox"          25    not in preferred forms / aspell ok /
> visual dictionary
> "[lL]ist[bB]ox"           25
>
> I'd suggest we go with "List Box" since all the other Boxes aren't combined
>
> "[mM]enu [bB]ar"          59    aspell ok
> "[mM]enu[bB]ar"          233    preferred forms / visual dictionary
>
> If I were king for a day I'd go with aspell on this one.  Outside of
> computing, words never get combined like with "bar" like this—it's
> "chocolate bar", not "chocolatebar" or "wine bar", not "winebar".  I'm
> not sure what makes computing "bars" such special snowflakes.
>
> But it seems the rest of the project has decided on "menubar", so
> let's go with that.
>
> "[pP]rogress [bB]ar"      13    not in preferred forms / visual dictionary
> "[pP]rogress[bB]ar"        0
>
> please add
>
> "[rR]adio [bB]utton"      40    not in preferred forms / aspell ok /
> visual dictionary
> "[rR]adio[bB]utton"        9    (only kommander->obsolete)
>
> please add
>
> "[sS]croll [bB]ar"        10    not in preferred forms / aspell ok
> "[sS]croll[bB]ar"         57    visual dictionary
>
> scrollbar -> for consistency with "menubar" and it's clearly used more
>
> "[sS]pin [bB]ox"          17    not in preferred forms / aspell ok /
> visual dictionary
> "[sS]pin[bB]ox"           39
>
> Spin Box -> for consistency among the "boxes", though there will be a
> lot of docbooks to fix.  :-/
>
> "[sS]tatus [bB]ar"       126    preferred forms / aspell ok / visual
> dictionary "[sS]tatus[bB]ar"        139
>
> I guess "statusbar" for consistency with the other "bars", though this
> spelling isn't nearly as widespread as the others...
>
> "[tT]ext [bB]ox"         204    preferred forms / aspell ok / visual
> dictionary "[tT]ext[bB]ox"            4
>
> ok, fix those 4
>
> "[tT]itle [bB]ar"         17    preferred forms / aspell ok
> "[tT]itle[bB]ar"          49    visual dictionary
>
> titlebar -> consistency among bars, clear winner
>
> "[tT]ool [bB]ar"           6
> "[tT]ool[bB]ar"         1125    preferred forms / aspell ok / visual

Ok, if nobody else steps up with comments/corrections/questions in the next
few days I'll try to get that updated and into EBN.

One personal note regarding EBN fixes:

"EBN only fixes are *EVIL* "

Please keeps in mind that a commit only with with ebn issue fixes affect some
20-30 translation teams.
In addition a change of a single char in a docbook can break the generation of
all language docbooks, in worst case even the build of a complete language.

If you fix EBN issues in a docbook please at least proofread the docbook
content as well to verify there is no wrong or outdated content.

> >> IDK, Fundamentals really doesn't cover much Plasma stuff at all; we
> >> leave that to the Plasma Handbook.
> >
> > You are right, it is better suited in the Plasma Handbook, between Plasma
> > Widgets and Containments and Panel?
>
> Works for me.  :-)

See RR http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/111110/

Thanks.