[kde-doc-english] KMIX

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Oct 14 10:50:38 UTC 2012

написане Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:12:33 +0300, David McCracken
<daveski at localnet.com>:

> It would be most useful if, on the KMIX main window, a definition of PCM
> were provided.  What is it?  What does it do?  Thanks,    David

Hi,

PCM is "Pulse-code modulation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-code_modulation

This mailing list is for documentation writers. If you find it worth to
add this definition to KMix documentation, we can do it. Otherwise I would
recommend to file a bug report on this against PulseAudio or ALSA (KMix
just shows the data from the backends without modification) to contact
developers and modify application interface in a desired way.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri