[kde-doc-english] SL6 KDE Kicker docs out of date

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 23:14:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Sean Lewkiw
<Sean.Lewkiw at methodstudios.com> wrote:
> The docs give instructions that point to menu items that don't exist.  Check
> out "Customising the icons on the panel" under "configuring kicker".
>
> I am trying to add applications to the kicker panel, and can't figure out
> how to do this.

Scientific Linux ships an older version of KDE that may be missing
features or have outdated documentation compared to modern versions of
KDE.  Unfortunately, we cannot support the older versions of KDE
shipped in enterprise distributions.

You might find the information you're looking for in the current
version of the Plasma Handbook, which you can find online:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-workspace/plasma-desktop/index.html

However, information there might not apply to the older version of KDE
you are running.

If there is an error in the documentation shipped in Scientific Linux
or a bug in the panel, you might want to file a bug with RHEL, the
upstream vendor of Scientific Linux:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

For further assistance, please contact the Scientific Linux Users mailing list:
http://listserv.fnal.gov/archives/scientific-linux-users.html

-T.C.