[kde-doc-english] konsole documentation lacks documentation on which shortcuts are mapped to which signal

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed May 9 09:18:47 UTC 2012

написане Sun, 06 May 2012 16:44:34 +0300, Christian Hujer
<cher at riedquat.de>:

> Hi guys,
>
> the konsole documentation lacks a chapter which documents the shortcuts
> mapped
> to signals.
> I know that Ctrl+D is EOF, Ctrl+S is suspend, Ctlr+Q is continue and
> Ctrl+C is
> kill.
> But how do I send SIGQUIT in console?
>
> Cheers
> Christian Hujer

Hi,

Regretfully, it is hard to document such things as they are distribution
and shell dependent and can be chosen beyond Konsole.

In short, you can view the list of current shortcuts in the output of
"stty -a".

More reading can be found in
1. http://people.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~tickle/notes/unix-beg.html  (Section 3)
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGQUIT