[kde-doc-english] The Plasma Handbook - KDE Help Center - just plain broken

Sat Mar 31 18:59:54 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 31. März 2012, 11:13:14 schrieb erbenton:
> Hi,
>    This tool has a problem, the "find" ability at the bottom of the KDE
> Help Center dialog only searches the currently visible page.
> How is one supposed to find help? Must I weed through every page looking
> for the item i need help on?
> Please fix this. I like KDE but but it has always suffered from a very
> poor help system.
That's because most is intuitive :D
No seriously, I see your point, could you open a bug report on bugs.kde.org?
One for the searching (I know we had that in KDE 3) ...

> F1 should take me right to the relevant page should it not?
... and one for that. The problem is to decide what the relevant page is I
guess (not beeing a kde developer). I guess the Systemsettingsframework is
treated as one application, regardless of the opened module and so it always
opens the documentation for systemsettings. Not sure if this is a real bug,
but it's definitvely worth an enhancement.

> I was looking for multiple monitor help info because i wanted to
> understand why some programs like
> firefox always open on my right hand screen instead of remembering where
> they were last closed.
> So I had the the "Configure KDE for Multiple Monitors" open and pressed
> F1 for help -  - go and try it!
It opend khelpcenter for me (with the systemsettings settings page ...), if
that was your point? Or is it the lack of documentation for the specific module
you're talking about?

Kind Regards,
Michael